ACURET relies on the enthusiastic involvement of Principal Investigators, Academics, Medical and Veterinary service providers, Research Administrators, Legal counsels, Policy analysts, Students, Animal Vendors, Environmental Scientists, and other Stakeholders in Animal Care and Use. You can help in several ways:
- Become knowledgeable about, and conduct all activities involving the care and use of animals in accordance with all regulations, guidelines and approved policies.
- Advocating for protecting and improving the well-being of laboratory animals
- Commitment to ethical treatment for animals
- Ensure an Attending Veterinarian is available for your research animals
- Effective Communication with the Animal Ethics Committees.
- Report any issue of non-compliance to a regulatory committee