Local efforts, global effects, through humane animal care and use
- Facilitate knowledge, understanding and application of regulations and guidelines applicable to humane animal care and use for scientific purposes.
- Facilitate specialized training of laboratory animal care providers
- Annual National/International workshops and training of different categories of institutional animal users and care givers
- Analysis, advocacy, capacity building and encouraging creation of National ACURET Networks
- Locating ACURET nodules in every African Country by the year 2020
- Publishing lab animal welfare advances online and in print (newsletters, e-blogs, and e-journals)
- Advancing public awareness on Institutional care and use of animals